As part of The Big Read and Manifest, the Columbia College Chicago Library is looking for visual artwork of all media that deals with the broad themes in Julia Alvarez’s novel, In the Time of the Butterflies.
We are looking for original art which encompasses themes including:
- Violence against women
- Political activism
- Women’s rights/Equal rights
- The history and politics of the Dominican Republic
Accepted works (or reproductions) will be reproduced from emailed jpg files as ephemeral prints for distribution at Manifest, the college’s annual arts and media festival. These prints will include the artist’s name, website, and email (if they wish to release this information).
NO ORIGINAL WORKS WILL BE ACCEPTED
There is no fee to submit. Submissions should be:
- 3000 pixels on the long side (ie 10” @ 300 ppi)
- Level 12 jpg files
- Naming: files should be named FIRSTNAME_LASTNAME#.jpg (ie robertson_cole1.jpg)
- The body of the email should include title, date, medium, size, artist's website, email, and contact info for the back of the print
PLEASE INCLUDE “ARTWORK SUBMISSION” IN SUBJECT LINE
Email Cole Robertson to submit, or for additional information: email@example.com